When/where can I buy tickets?
1) Online: Online sales for tickets close at 12 midnight prior to the screening (i.e. Film October 17 = Online closes October 16 at 11:59 pm).
2) AGH Visitor Services Desk: Tickets are available during hours of operations.
3) AGH Annex, home of the AGH BMO World Film Festival Box Office: We are open Monday – Saturday, 11:00 am – 6:00 pm beginning September 28.
3) At the Cinema: Our box office opens 45 minutes prior to each screening at the theatres.
4) Rush Line: In the event of a sell-out, unclaimed Festival Pass-held tickets are released for sale 5 minutes before the screening.
5) By Phone: Call our Box Office at (905) 667-6620
Should I risk lining up for a ticket before a popular screening?
Visit Tickets + Passes for updates on popular films with the most pre-purchased tickets. Purchasing a ticket in advance is the best way to ensure you a seat. In most cases, there will be tickets available at the door for purchase.
How can I pay for my tickets at the theatre?
For fastest and most convenient service, we recommend you pay with cash. All venues also accept major credit cards (VISA, MC, AMEX) and Debit.
Are tickets transferable or refundable?
All tickets and passes are transferable to other people for festival screenings where the original ticket/pass holder is not in attendance. Tickets and passes are non-refundable and have no cash value.
Can I reserve seats?
Numbered seating is not available so please arrive early for best seat selection. Certain seats are held for sponsors. These seats will be clearly marked with signage. Please check with a WFF Volunteer first if there is uncertainty.
Can I submit a film for the festival?
The AGH World Film Festival is no longer accepting submissions for its 2017 festival screenings.
What is your film festival’s mission?
The mission of AGH BMO World Film Festival is to become a premiere annual cultural event in the Greater Hamilton Region. To present the highest quality programming and the experience of the world’s finest film festivals with an strong commitment to diversity and community engagement.
From the International Art Collection
Stein and Press 1906
John Sloan (American 1871-1951)
oil on canvas, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. A. McCuaig in memory of her father, H. B. Hall, Esq., 1964