2021 AGH Art Sale
AGH ART SALE 2021
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Application Deadline: Friday, February 26, 2021
This April, 2021, the Art Gallery of Hamilton (AGH) will celebrate its 22nd AGH Art Sale. The annual AGH Art Sale is the largest event of its kind, exhibiting artworks available for purchase from contemporary artists in Hamilton and the surrounding region. The event is hosted by AGH Art Sales + Services, a revenue generating department in support of public programming at the AGH.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the AGH Art Sale will be planned as an exclusively online event. After the success of the 2020 Online AGH Art Sale, we look forward to working with our artists to adapt to either event per provincial direction.
We are seeking submissions from emerging and established Canadian artists for the upcoming AGH Art Sale. Submissions will be reviewed and juried by an art advisory committee to select approximately 60 artists for the event.
We thank everyone for taking the time to make a submission. Please note that due to the volume of submissions we will only be contacting successful applicants by March 12th, 2021.
Please read the following carefully to ensure that your application portfolio is complete.
Submit up to 6 works for consideration by sending an email to Art Sales + Services at email@example.com with the following details by Friday, February 26, 2021.
- Date (preference will be given to works completed in 2020 and 2021)
- Exhibition history (preference will be given to works that have not been previously shown in a retail venue)
- Size (inches, h x w)
- Estimated value
- Electronic image submitted via email: jpg, cropped to artwork edges (no border or background), 72 dpi, 1000 pixels along longest side; All images must be labeled by lastname, firstname, artwork title, dimensions (h x w), and estimated value. (e.g. Doe, Jane, Artwork1, 24 x 24 inches, $$.jpg)
- 200 word (max) artist statement that includes artist’s studio location, education (academic or informal are both celebrated), and description of the themes or process relatable to the submitted works
- Gallery representation, Instagram handle and website url (where applicable)
Artists participating in the 2021 AGH Art Sale are responsible for the safe transportation of their artwork. Drop-off arrangements will be coordinated with successful artist applicants.
All participating artists must sign an artist agreement with Art Sales + Services at minimum for the duration of the show. This agreement will detail commission arrangements.
Questions can be directed to the Art Sales + Services team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the International Art Collection
Portrait de Mlle Durand (Portrait of a Lady) 1853
Jean Léon Gerome (French 1824-1904)
oil on canvas, The Joey and Toby Tanenbaum Collection, 2002