The Art Gallery of Hamilton recognizes the diversity of people’s abilities and needs. We strive to make our collections, exhibitions, programs and services accessible to all. We are committed to work in partnership with staff, volunteers and the community to identify, prevent and remove barriers to participation.
- Free admission for a support person accompanying a visitor with a disability.
- Service animals are welcome
- Wheelchairs (both manual and transport style) are available for visitors at no cost.
- Touch Tours are available on the last Friday of every month at 2:00 pm. Groups (of up to 10 people) may also arrange private tours Tuesday to Saturday.
- Large Print Materials can be found in exhibition spaces to assist in reading label and wall text. Additional copies may be requested at the Visitor Services Desk.
- FM Devices for visitors with hearing loss are available for those attending tours, lectures and classes. When possible, please reserve in advance.
Installations located on the walls of the Central Staircase are not fully accessible to visitors with certain mobility aids. Please contact AGH Visitor Services at (905) 527-6610 ext. 200 for more information. We apologize for any inconvenience.
ELEVATOR Service Disruption
Safety and accessibility are vitally important priorities at the Art Gallery of Hamilton. The AGH is committed to advising people of elevator service disruptions in advance, whenever possible. Should there be an issue, the AGH will provide alternate services.
Visitors can receive up-to-date information through the AGH website, by calling (905) 527-6610, ext. 200, in person at the Visitor Services Desk. Signage will also be posted.
Visitor Feed Back
We strive to provide accessibility for all our visitors. We welcome your feedback. Please email email@example.com or call (905) 527-6610 ext. 258 to share your comments with the AGH Director of Operations.
AGH Accessibility programs are made possible by the Province of Ontario, thanks to support from Celebrate Ontario.
From the Canadian Art Collection
The Victorian Dress c.1914
Helen McNicoll (Canadian 1879-1915)
oil on canvas, Gift of A. Sidney Dawes, Esq., M.C., 1958